Sunday, July 25, 2010

Virtual Fantasy

by Rochelle Cunningham
©January 2010


I remember some things...
About an old lover. Familiar
Electric currents
Pass incognito, beneath my covers

Hearing his laugh unchanged
Nor his walk, nor his wit
I can still feel his mouth - There
On the back of my neck

And I feel him infect me
From behind his duality
Leaving my mind & breast
Trying to out-run this - My fantasy

Stealing a moment to see him
Curious, I take another peek
Allowing myself the thrill
Cautious of what I seek

Hearing familiar sounds
That would have taken us away
Trembling with a heat and frenzy
Still seeing that long, stretch of highway

Careful to control my desire. As it merges
Into wreck-less abandon
Aware of my stinging black tail
That transforms not, into a dark phantom

Deep in my thoughts
I glimpse an obscure future
It is beginning to smell - And taste
Of this ... My past lover

~ R

No comments:

Post a Comment